Glass Fusion

It is an art process using specialty handmade art glass



The Artist

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
I am a glass fusion artist, living in Portland, Oregon and I have been working in glass fusion for the past 14 years. Having moved from Vancouver Island, Canada, I bring the beauty of the outdoors to the work I create. Each design is unique her work the beauty of the outdoors.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One of my inspirations


Inukshuk

- pronounced(In-ook-shook) is a stone monument erected in the image of humans. One of their purposes was to serve as a directional marker in the harsh Arctic environment. They were a tool of survival and a symbol of safety, hope and friendship. Each stone is a separate entity, yet each supports and is supported by, the one above and the one below it. Its strength lies in its unity. Its significance comes from its meaning as a whole. The Inukshuk reminds us of our interdependent responsibilities to the land, and to direct a better way for all of us tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment